The Saint-Hubert campsite is ideally located between land and sea in the Vendée, allowing you to explore a good part of the Vendée seaside. During your vacations in our campsite in Talmont Saint Hilaire, you will be at only 10 minutes by car from the town of Jard-sur-Mer. Indeed, this coastal commune is a typical family seaside resort and animated in summer as well as in winter. Come and discover its beaches, forests and marina.
The town and markets of Jard-sur-Mer
The town of Jard-sur-mer is a completely renovated city center around a pedestrian street rich in shops. The narrow streets make the charm of this city of the Vendean seaside.
What could be better than a market to discover local specialties, stroll and taste local products? Renowned for the quality of these products, the marché de Jard sur Mer is an unmissable appointment to make during your stay at the Saint-Hubert campsite! Indeed, this regional market gathers no less than 150 traders, producers, fairgrounds and craftsmen.
We thought of you and we propose you below the program:
- Monday morning from 8am to 1pm: Place des Ormeaux: food market, local products, clothes, handicrafts
- Wednesday mornings from 9am to 1pm (July and August) : Pedestrian street : gourmet market
- Thursday evenings from 19h to 23h (July and August) : Marina : souvenirs and handicrafts
Continue the discovery…
Hiking and biking trails
The bicycle paths in the Vendée are very developed: all along the coast, there are paths reserved for pedestrians and bicycles. You will have the possibility to discover the coast between forests, dunes, marshes, beaches, rocky coasts…
We propose you several circuits:
- From Bourgenay to Jard : you will start your escapade with an oyster tasting and the small glass of white wine that goes with it at the oyster port of La Guittière. Then, you will walk along the Veillon lagoon classified among the most beautiful sites in France and then arrive in Jard-sur-Mer by the many marked paths through the marsh. The most courageous will then be able to continue the walk by following the second itinerary.
- From Jard to Longeville : between agricultural plain and forests, you will forget that you are pedaling so much the landscape is beautiful! This ride with family or friends will take you through Saint Vincent sur Jard where you can visit the Clemenceau museum. You will continue your Vendean journey along the beaches and dunes of the coast to arrive at Longeville sur mer.
- What do you think about Longeville? At marais poitevin of course! You will have the possibility to rent a boat to go for a little ride. For surfers, the spot of Bud-Bud is very famous and even Brice from Nice would not have come to try it !
Are you ready to try the circuit? Our partner Dinovélo will be pleased to equip you as well as possible!
Overlooked by the mill of Conchette, the port of Jard-sur-Mer is a stranding port built in 1973 and has 716 berths. This port is a place of walk and animations inescapable of the Vendean coast among which the night market. It is located in direct proximity to the center of the town. This marina is managed by the Communauté de communes Vendée Grand Littoral .
The harbour master’s office is open every day from 8am to 1pm and from 2pm to 6.30pm in high season.
Sailing and sand yachting school
It offers courses and an incentive to the Hawaiian pirogue given by qualified instructors, from the age of 8.
Location : Beach of the Rock
Contact : 06.79.02.33.55
Atlantic Jet ski
Atlantic jet ski offers you jet ski and towed buoy rides.
Know that you do not need a boat license and that you are the pilot!
400 meters from the Pomme de Pin open in July and August.
Information : www.atlanticjetski.fr or at 07 71 75 77 49